February is All About the Love
February is a short month. However it’s also the month of love, right? Why not use both to your advantage as a songwriter or musician?
Write a short song about l-o-v-e! Everybody loves love songs and you can never have enoughof these in your repetoire. Why? Because there are so many ways to write about love. To help you get started,pick one of these themes and write a short song about it. Or pick several. At the very least, have fun with it. You might be surprised at what you come up with.
- 1.You love someone, someone loves you
- 2. You love someone, someone doesn’t love you
- 3. You loved someone
- 4. You want someone to love you
- 5. Your love went awry in a funny way
- 6. You love someone but they love someone else
- 7. Someone used to love you but you totally screwed it up
- 8. Your advice to someone about love
See? You’ve got this! There are a million ways to write about love. If you’ve never heard it, Google Paul Simon’s 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover. It’s hilarious – and a great example of both songcraft and someone having a blast coming up with a fresh spin on a common topic.